
Well, on April 13th, at 1:30 a.m. my water broke while I was in bed! It was about at that time that I realized baby Garcia was on his way! I knew that although I could have false labor, once the water broke there was no turning back! And sure enough, within five minutes of my water breaking contractions started, and started strong. Unfortunately for me, I did not get to have much first stage labor. Never did I have the luxury of contractions ten minutes apart, then seven, then five, etc.. My contractions started at 3 minutes apart, and only got closer and stronger from there!
We headed to the hospital at 7:30 a.m. after laboring at home since 1:30. I felt like we were making great progress. When we got to the hospital the contractions slowed, and the doctor has us start walking to pick things back up. They did, and intervention was bypassed! yay. Caleb was by my side the entire time, coaching me and encouraging me to stick with it. He was the perfect husband and sidekick during labor. Never did I want him to leave me alone, or give me any desire to punch him in the face! He was nothing less than incredible. Thank you so much honey, I could not have done what I did without you.
To make a long story short, at about 4:40 p.m. the doctor came in and had me start "Practice pushing." After she saw that I was a "good pusher" we were ready to go. With less than five minutes of pushing, approximately 4 pushes later, Menias Michael Garcia was born. He was crying, hungry, and beautiful! What an incredible experience, and a whole new world as mommy! We were so blessed on April 13th! 7lbs 14 oz and 20 and a quarter inches long.
This is Menias hours after being born. Welcome to the world little guy :)

2 weeks old

Gaby and I on Easter, the day before he was born!





I read to Sunny your birth story and now she is hoping for a five-push labor. The doc wasn't kidding when they called you a "good pusher" huh? Unbelievable! Menias is a beautiful baby, and Sunny and I are so proud of you guys. Way to go! In the meantime, we are playing the waiting game...Wish us luck.
ReplyDelete