It was cold and it was rainy, but we made it out to the Celtic Festival, here in Flagstaff. I had never been to anything like this before, so it was different and fun. They had vendors with great food, or tents so you could meet up with people that shared your same clan (last name), and a table with huge books for people to search and see if their last names were in the books and recorded as Celtic history. Good news, Phipps, and even Garcia were both in the books! We are officially legit celtic folk! I recommend the event if you have never been before. Thanks Wes for the invite!
And I also happened to find Caleb's Irish side. I knew it was in there somewhere....
Here is the whole crew (minus me) eating some lunch...in a dugout! It was raining like crazy and it was the only place that wasn't infested with people trying to get out of the rain and under a tent. It worked out though. And we even got to hang out with Rachael's room mate, Jennifer!
This event was awesome! They were all competing in different events like the cable toss, weight for height (pictured), the rock throw for distance, and some wooden pole toss. They were so cool to watch! The oldest competitor was 69 years old!! This guy obviously didn't win.... watch your head!
And what is a day at the Celtic festival without my new sporty frog umbrella to keep me out of the rain! Wes seemed to like it the most (I don't blame you buddy, it is pretty cool).



No comments:
Post a Comment